If you’re tired of losing sleep when your baby wakes up frequently in the night after she wets through the diaper she’s wearing, you might want a better diaper. To make sure you both get a good night’s sleep, read our review of the best overnight diapers and what you should consider when you’re looking for a diaper that will keep your baby dreaming until morning light.
Summary: Top 5 Night Diapers for Your Child
What to look for in an Overnight Diaper
Before you run out and buy an armload of overnight diapers so you can get a good night’s sleep, you should read through this list of things you should consider before you buy them. Not all overnight diapers will solve your problem. Here’s what you need to look for.
- How much the diaper can absorb: To keep your baby dry until morning, you need a diaper to be like a sponge, sucking all the liquid away from your baby that it can. If a diaper can’t absorb a lot of liquid, you should keep looking because your baby probably won’t sleep through the night with their skin feeling cold and wet. If a diaper says it has multiple layers, that’s a good indication it might hold up well.
- How well the diaper fits your baby: Look for any red marks on your baby’s skin that would indicate the diaper is too tight. A comfortable baby means you might both get more shut-eye. You may want diapers with a flexible fit around the waist and legs.
- If your baby has any bad reactions while using them: Some babies get rashes from bad reactions to certain materials used in diapers. If your baby reacts to a particular kind of diaper, you may want to avoid using that again and switch to another kind.
- Cost: If you’re on a tight budget, the cost of the diaper you choose might weigh heavily in your decision. And you might experience some sticker shock when you go to purchase a pack of overnight diapers -- they are more expensive than daytime diapers. Try to remember though that they are worth the extra price because you shouldn’t have to change your baby as often.
- What the diaper is made of: If you’re worried about chemicals in diapers, you may want to stick with an all-natural type or diaper or a cloth diaper that doesn’t use ingredients you can’t.
Night Diaper Reviews
Pampers extra protection night time diapers are absorbent enough to last all night, (up to 12 hours.) So they're great for long car trips and weekend outings. Stretchy sides and soft fasteners also help make them even more comfortable. And now they're available in sizes 3, 4, 5, and 6. It has xtra-absorb zones help your baby stay dry during the night.
Luv's changed their formula recently and I had to switch to Huggies Little Movers. My 3-year-old is an extremely heavy wetter and she sleeps 12 hours at night. I tried these overnights and they are just okay. They work better if you buy them one size larger than your child's size.
Even with the size 6 Overnights a bit of moisture still leaks through and her clothes are a little damp in the morning. Here's what I did, since these are expensive. My daughter wears size 5 diapers. I put one on at night PLUS a size 6 over that, so she is wearing 2 diapers.
NO leaks and no damp clothes in the morning! In the morning I remove the size 5 and I keep the size 6 diaper on her since it is almost completely dry. It is a cheaper way to do it if you're on a budget, just get the next size up diaper and double up.
This is another one of our favorite diapers. It does exactly what it's name says, it keeps your kid dry. They will last on long car rides without leaking which allows you to focus on where you are going. These diapers are good for overnight as well obviously.
They fit great and do not leave any marks or irritation. The combination of comfort and effectiveness is a delicate balance that can be very hard to find. Lucky for you, we did! We highly recommend these because they are able to do both of those things very well.
One of our favorite features of these Pampers was the fit. They are easy to tailor and adjust to your child so you know you will have a great fit. Similar to the ones we mentioned above, they have a great balance of comfort and effectiveness that can be hard to find.
As far as absorbing liquid, these work just as well as any competitors. They will not leak overnight. These UnderJams are designed like underwear so they fit great and your child will feel comfortable wearing them. They are a great way to start to move toward normal underwear.
We have reviewed the five best Night Diapers available in the market today for your baby. We are positive that you will make an informed decision the next time you decide to make a purchase. With an outstanding comfort dryness, the Pampers UnderJams Bedtime Underwear emerges as the best on this list as it is also the number one selling diaper. If you are looking for a more traditional diaper, we recommend the Pampers Dry-Diapers.